Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iphone5att64

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
It looks like everyone that ordered a Pencil when the app show in store pickup got theirs or the store had it in stock on the first morning.

Did any one pick up one in the store without an order?

iphone5att64

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
This is unfortunate. Some random purchases. No order, to any of it. Calling does no good.

Reminds me a lot of Best Buy 8 years ago.

For everyone here that called a store, there's probably some that went in, bought it and are using it instead of posting here. Or selling it on eBay.

Reactions: haruhiko

robd54

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2007
store near me today got 5 and i walked in right as the 5th sold. I did get a keyboard though, was the second to last one they had.

Reactions: iphone5att64

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
I hope Apple and retailers limit the amount one can buy. I can see scalping galore going on with these Pencils especially early on when they are hard to get.

judahde

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2015
Just got back from the Apple Store in Delaware with one in my hands. Getting this required A LOT of phone calls and calling in favors. They (the Apple Store folks) have no idea when stock will arrive and acknowledge this isn't Apple's most shining moment.

iphone5att64

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
Just got back from the Apple Store in Delaware with one in my hands. Getting this required A LOT of phone calls and calling in favors. They (the Apple Store folks) have no idea when stock will arrive and acknowledge this isn't Apple's most shining moment.
I'm tempted to wait in the store until they get a daily shipment.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
I'm hoping apple will take notice of all the orders and speed up the process for getting the pencil. It's one of the marquee features.

AttilaTheHun

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2010
USA
It looks like everyone that ordered a Pencil when the app show in store pickup got theirs or the store had it in stock on the first morning.

Did any one pick up one in the store without an order?
No I ordered at 3;20 AM EDT iPad plus the pencil to pickup at the store came early to opening but NO pencil.

judahde

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2015
No I ordered at 3;20 AM EDT iPad plus the pencil to pickup at the store came early to opening but NO pencil.

Which was exactly my experience as well. Was the second person through the door when they opened and asked about the pencil. Was told there were two in the back so one would be mine..... then I had to wait as I hadn't gotten the "come and get your order" email. 40 minutes later, once I got said email, my order was processed and "oops, the two pencils were both sold". They made good on getting me one asap, but the process could use a bit of improvement.

PPopMatt

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2015
California
I **Really** wanted an IPad Pro, but this launch was so badly screwed up that I'll wait, and probably not buy one, until way later...
It was so lame that Ide have to wait until 11-27 for one to arrive in the mail. It was also so lame that if I choose in store pickup it wouldn't say, ok, just that it ships to the store. Apple usually does a succinct job on the iPhones when you "pre" order it and it will arrive Friday, but not in this case...

garyleecn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2014
I called the store in the morning ask if they had any keyboard or pencil, i was told they have "very limited quantity" of keyboards only, no pencil. so i drove immediately to the store. to my suprise, they have like 5 pencils there as well...

veryangrybirds

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2011
For those who chose their Pencil to be shipped, did anyone get anything earlier than 5-7 business days? I ordered my iPad Pro 128gb wifi/lte and pencil the minute they went up and I got the 5-7 business days window for the pencil. wondering if someone else got something earlier/sooner than that ...

Prolif1k

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2009
I called the store in the morning ask if they had any keyboard or pencil, i was told they have "very limited quantity" of keyboards only, no pencil. so i drove immediately to the store. to my suprise, they have like 5 pencils there as well...

Which store was this?

nlkccom

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2008
This morning I went into the Apple Store to pick up my iPad Pro order. I asked the rep whether they have any Pencil in stock. She asked another rep to check in the back, and he came back with one in hand and said it was the last one.

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
Preorder for pickup, got it last night. Store sold to walk-ins this morning but sold out quickly.

maxsandis

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2011
New York
One would think that Apple would have prepared enough accessories for the iPad Pro. Very frustrated that I got 2 iPad Pro's but no pencil yet.

biosci

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2010
Chicagoland, IL
Are the inventories of stores linked to their status on the Store app? I mean, if we check the app enough could it potentially show them in stock and we can snag them that way?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.