Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnnyenv

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2014
Hello,

I'm looking for a solution here.

Previous until today I've managed all my photos in Adobe Lightroom however due to the size of the catalogue etc I want to now break out photos that were taken 20 years ago and have them just as part of my iPhone so I can quickly just scroll back to the relevant time they were taken as they all have meta data and use them in that way. Also I'd like them to populate in albums on the iPhone exactly as I have them on my hard drive.

I already have a camera roll full of photos so I'm looking for ways to add this in to what I currently have without wiping anything?

We're talking volumes of thousands so I'd like to avoid just airdropping these and sorting them manually if there is a better way.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
You're going to have to sort them one by one into albums in the Photos App on the iPhone and even then the camera roll order will be all messed up. Camera roll organizes photos by date modified, not date created. If you add a photo you took 10 years ago to the Photos App, it'll sit at the bottom of the icon wall next to the most recent picture you took.

The only way to get the camera roll in the exact order you want is to remove every picture in the photos app, then start adding your pictures one by one in the order you want them to appear.
Great system huh?

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
If I'm reading this right, can kinda get to what you want via iPhone sync.

In the case of Mac, can export the photos you want to folders to represent the "albums" you want. Plug phone into Mac select it via Finder, click Photos. Specify folder and sub-folder(s) with pics. Sync.

Will sync over into an album in iOS Photos, sorted on date.

If on Windows, believe similar process, just with iTunes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.