Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Angeybabey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 23, 2015
Hey! Can anyone help me with this? I have a gold card for Starbucks and there's no scan code on the actual card....is there a way to add it to my watch?

Angeybabey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 23, 2015
You can't pay wth the Starbucks app on the watch. It says to add the card to passbook. When I try to add to passbook it says it needs to scan the card and when I try that it doesn't work...

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

i just figured it out! you don't actually pay from the starbucks app (so i guess i can now remove that from glances!)

you add the card via the starbucks app on your phone.... then you use the passbook watch app and pay from your watch

Last edited:

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
now i think i need to make a special trip to starbucks.... i could use a frappaccino! :D

davpel24

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2014
I have the Starbucks card successfully added into Passbook on the phone. However, when I double click for Apple Pay on the watch, the Starbucks card does not appear. Only my CCs.

Can anyone help me figure this out?

bjdraw

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2008
Tampa FL
I have the Starbucks card successfully added into Passbook on the phone. However, when I double click for Apple Pay on the watch, the Starbucks card does not appear. Only my CCs.

Can anyone help me figure this out?

Double taping the side button launches Apple Pay, not Passbook. You can either say "hey siri launch passbook" or tap the crown and tap the passbook icon. Then select Starbucks.

davpel24

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2014
Double taping the side button launches Apple Pay, not Passbook. You can either say "hey siri launch passbook" or tap the crown and tap the passbook icon. Then select Starbucks.

Duh! I'm such an idiot. Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.