Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jayeskreezy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 3, 2005
I have some things that I have in .avi files downloaded from torrents and I wanted to create a dvd with chapters of the content. Is that possible? If so what programs do I need to use? Are there any forums or links that I can go to that would give me more info on this topic? These arent movies or illegal downloads, but I'd like to create a project. Thanks!

jayeskreezy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 3, 2005
my question is what format do I need to put them in in order to burn them to a dvd? I want it to function like an actual dvd i.e. chapters, menu, etc. I also want it to play like a regular dvd in any player with or without divx. Is that possible? If not what do I need to convert it to?

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
jayeskreezy said:
my question is what format do I need to put them in in order to burn them to a dvd? I want it to function like an actual dvd i.e. chapters, menu, etc. I also want it to play like a regular dvd in any player with or without divx. Is that possible? If not what do I need to convert it to?
they need to be in Mpeg 2 format for DVD - so if you import your LEGAL Avi's into say iMovie then export out to iDVD then that will work ....OR Toast i think will let you add Avi's for burning to DVD

Hope this help you

jayeskreezy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 3, 2005
hmmm...thanks yall...Liketom you're funny...anyway, commercials are legal .avi's ...now I've always found toast VERY difficult to use....is toast 7 the only one that will do it or can I use toast 6 titanium?

also if I add the .avi's into toast does it already need to be in mpeg2 format or will it automatically do it when it's burning it to a dvd?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.