Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 11, 2016
How do I change login wallpaper? Mac Sierra Beta

I use to be able to change the login screen wallpaper on previous versions by going to /Library/Caches
and then just pasting the wallpaper I want with this "com.apple.desktop.admin.png" as the file name. I've done it multiple times in the past and with this new macOS Sierra I am unable to do so. Anyone else find a new way where is it now. Where did Apple hide the files to do this? Has anyone discovered it yet?

macsba

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2015
Next to my Mac.
How do I change login wallpaper? Mac Sierra Beta

I use to be able to change the login screen wallpaper on previous versions by going to /Library/Caches
and then just pasting the wallpaper I want with this "com.apple.desktop.admin.png" as the file name. I've done it multiple times in the past and with this new macOS Sierra I am unable to do so. Anyone else find a new way where is it now. Where did Apple hide the files to do this? Has anyone discovered it yet?
Do you mean Desktop Pictures? Wallpaper does not exist in the Mac OS.

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 11, 2016
Do you mean Desktop Pictures? Wallpaper does not exist in the Mac OS.
The background when you log in. Not the desktop background but the login. You know when you log into the computer there is the Sierra mound sky . That is what I am referring to

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.