Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Roxy.music

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2019
uk
How i change the boot order ?
This is what comes. up.
I have a HP PC I press ESC it is touch and go that i get to boot F9. I also have a Dell PC i can chose the boot priority on there ,but i don,t see the same thing on the HP:(When i do manage to F9 i stroll down to the drive i want to boot to.But the next time i turn on the PC it goes to the one on this photo below.

Attachments

• DSC00180.JPG
    DSC00180.JPG
    358.1 KB · Views: 97

joevt

Contributor
Jun 21, 2012
Can you boot Windows? Does your PC use UEFI? If yes to both, then use EasyUEFI.exe to change the boot order.

mi7chy

macrumors G4
Oct 24, 2014
Assuming you have UEFI, the easiest way is hold down shift and reboot Windows to enter UEFI then change boot order.

joevt

Contributor
Jun 21, 2012
Assuming you have UEFI, the easiest way is hold down shift and reboot Windows to enter UEFI then change boot order.
Yes, usually the BIOS menu (UEFI or otherwise) has an option to change the boot order. EasyUEFI.exe is an app you can use in Windows that changes the same boot order options for UEFI. Plus, it lets you add new items to the menu or delete items or hide items.

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
I would also recommend disabling RAID, in UEFI, if you are not using it as it looks like the system is doing a RAID controller scan instead of just booting off whichever disk you have Windows on.

Roxy.music

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2019
uk
I would also recommend disabling RAID, in UEFI, if you are not using it as it looks like the system is doing a RAID controller scan instead of just booting off whichever disk you have Windows on.
I have looked on all the menus on there and cab,t see where to disable it?
Boot options?It only shows POP OS and just shows the names of the make of the SSD,s.
Windows is on an external drive. A third drive with another OS on it and a 2tb hard drive with nothing on it.
I don,t know why the other two OS,s don,t show in the boot menu with there names .?

Last edited:

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
I have looked on all the menus on there and cab,t see where to disable it?
Boot options?It only shows POP OS and just shows the names of the make of the SSD,s.
Eh, we are a Dell shop here at work, can you tell us the model. Maybe HP has a guide on the available options online for us to reference.

Roxy.music

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2019
uk
Eh, we are a Dell shop here at work, can you tell us the model. Maybe HP has a guide on the available options online for us to reference.
Thanks for that.The Dell menus are straight forward i just went and changed the boot order in there.There is not an option like that on HP.I tried to sign up to there forum but i never got the email confirmation to join.The modal of my PC is HPZ230. MT. I got it after my fav Aussie You tuber recommend it
he does mention something about secure boot .Up to that point i was going to get an optiflex i was put off by the low powered PSU.I made the mistake of getting a SFF Dell 3020 the only one that you could only put an 1030 card in there. thats how i know about the boot menus on Dell.Before i saw his video i was going to get a MT version.

Last edited:

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
Thanks for that.The Dell menus are straight forward i just went and changed the boot order in there.There is not an option like that on HP.I tried to sign up to there forum but i never got the email confirmation to join.The modal of my PC is HPZ230. MT. I got it after my fav Aussie You tuber recommend it
he does mention something about secure boot .Up to that point i was going to get an optiflex i was put off by the low powered PSU.I made the mistake of getting a SFF Dell 3020 the only one that you could only put an 1030 card in there. thats how i know about the boot menus on Dell.

For Step 4 does your system show Raid?

Roxy.music

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2019
uk

For Step 4 does your system show Raid?
i don,t see anything about Raid.I have no idea what i am doing. :(I don,t see any boot menu .Why can,t it like Dell .

Attachments

• DSC00185.JPG
    DSC00185.JPG
    185.7 KB · Views: 61

Roxy.music

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2019
uk
i don,t see anything about Raid.I have no idea what i am doing. :(I don,t see any boot menu .Why can,t it like Dell .
T9 Select boot device
*Uefi that is one of my os s I clicked that one to boot to this is what it said when i tried
*Attempting boot from cd rom boot from hard drive* nothing happens.?
BOOT Order
Uefi usb hard drive
cd/dvd drive
The same drive i tried to boot in before
Legacy boot the only drive it boots into .that is the tray made for SSD ,S.
Masterboot. disabled
connected bios Proxy. Disabled
Update Bios vie network enabled
Auto update Disabled

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.