Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ev0d3vil

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 22, 2014
Just realised the option to check the battery is gone on the Find My app ?

minimo3

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2010
Well I didn’t get a notification. Only noticed the battery was low when I removed it and tried to add it to another persons Apple ID before their trip - threw an error that it couldn’t be added because battery is too low. Thankfully I had a spare CR2032 lying around. Even then I had to insert and remove/reseat the new battery 3-4x before it would register the new battery level and let me add the AirTag. The whole process is as seamless as a cheap 3rd party accessory you’d pickup from Aliexpress.

MrWillie

macrumors 65816
Apr 29, 2010
Starlite Starbrite Trailer Court
Well I didn’t get a notification. Only noticed the battery was low when I removed it and tried to add it to another persons Apple ID before their trip - threw an error that it couldn’t be added because battery is too low. Thankfully I had a spare CR2032 lying around. Even then I had to insert and remove/reseat the new battery 3-4x before it would register the new battery level and let me add the AirTag. The whole process is as seamless as a cheap 3rd party accessory you’d pickup from Aliexpress.

No, you had to reinsert it 5 times to reset the AirTag so you could add it to someone else’s Apple ID because you didn’t properly remove it from your Apple ID.

Reactions: Solver
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.