Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

moonman239

Cancelled
Original poster
Mar 27, 2009
I'm running my Web app on an iPhone 11 running iOS 16.1.2, and I want to access the iOS Safari console logs.

I found a tutorial that didn't have instructions for Windows computers: https://www.lifewire.com/activate-the-debug-console-in-safari-445798

Here's what I've done so far:

Under Settings->Safari->Advanced, enable Web Inspector.

However, the next steps appear to be for Mac computers, and I have a Windows 11 computer.

I searched for my problem on Google, and all the solutions I came up with involve downloading something to my computer. A few of them are paid products with a free trial. Some, I'm not sure I can trust.

I just want to view the browser logs. Any ideas?

moonman239

Cancelled
Original poster
Mar 27, 2009
To be clear, I don’t want paid software if I can reasonably avoid it. And I don’t need a lot of bells and whistles, just a way to view the logs.

moonman239

Cancelled
Original poster
Mar 27, 2009
OK, so this isn't exactly the solution I was looking for because it doesn't use iOS Safari, but it's close enough:

1) Download Google Chrome from the iOS App Store.
2) In Chrome, go to chrome://inspect. Make sure this is the only tab open.
3) Click the button to enable JavaScript logging.
4) Open your Web app in Chrome.

As of now, Chrome is basically Safari with a different skin, so what you see in Chrome and in its JS logs should be what would happen in Safari.

erichopper

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2023
I'm confused on step #2, Safari is not available for Windows?

Update Safari on Windows PC​

Apple no longer offers Safari updates for Windows. Safari 5.1.7 for Windows was the last version made for Windows, and it is now outdated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.