Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bushido

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
i had iCloud Photo Library with optimization enabled on my iPad but I also wanted to backup all my 8.000 pictures on Google Photo, not taking into account that it would auto-download every picture in HQ on my iPad so it could then upload them to Google Photo.

my 64 GB filled up now but i cannot seem to mass-delete every picture. I disabled iCloud Photo Library on my iPad and went on my mac using "digital photos" or whatever its called in english but it shows 0 pictures? so i cannot select them all to delete them from my mac. I also tried to maybe use the photo tab inside iTunes with "only sync a certain empty list" but that also didnt help. any other idea or why the digital photo thing on the mac does not find my pictures on the iPad?

thx!

edit: Photo on my Mac also claims i have no images on my iPad

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2015-12-04 um 19.14.52.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2015-12-04 um 19.14.52.png
    125.4 KB · Views: 162
  • Bildschirmfoto 2015-12-04 um 19.15.48.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2015-12-04 um 19.15.48.png
    86.9 KB · Views: 130
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 118

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
i had iCloud Photo Library with optimization enabled on my iPad but I also wanted to backup all my 8.000 pictures on Google Photo, not taking into account that it would auto-download every picture in HQ on my iPad so it could then upload them to Google Photo.

my 64 GB filled up now but i cannot seem to mass-delete every picture. I disabled iCloud Photo Library on my iPad and went on my mac using "digital photos" or whatever its called in english but it shows 0 pictures? so i cannot select them all to delete them from my mac. I also tried to maybe use the photo tab inside iTunes with "only sync a certain empty list" but that also didnt help. any other idea or why the digital photo thing on the mac does not find my pictures on the iPad?

thx!

edit: Photo on my Mac also claims i have no images on my iPad
If you have deleted the photos from your iPad but still show storage used look in recently deleted, they remain there for 30 days. Otherwise, not sure I follow what you're asking at the moment. As a side note, there is not mass delete button on iPad, you have to delete one at a time sort of. You can select multiple photos one at a time then hit delete but otherwise its a slow process.

bushido

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
got it to finally show the pictures on my mac after unplugging my ipad a couple of times. thanks tho

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.