Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blackxacto

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Middle TN
19,1 iMac, Monterey 12.5.1:

I have forgotten how to delete from this SMTP list from reshowing as selections. I use the + & -, but trying to select an SMTP server I created, they keep returning in the list.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-08-23 at 9.28.49 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-23 at 9.28.49 AM.png
    115 KB · Views: 170

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Is the server you're trying to remove in Edit SMTP Server List being used by an account by any chance?

svenmany

macrumors demi-god
Jun 19, 2011
I'll admit that I'm a little vague about what Apple is showing in that picture. For me, the list shown there contains the list of accounts I have for receiving email. Maybe Apple knows how to deduce the smtp address from the imap address for those configured accounts. (Come to think of it, Apple deduced the iMap server address from my email address, since I don't remember ever entering it.)

If I select "Edit SMTP Server List", I see a few other SMTP servers which are not implicitly associated with any configured account. I was then able to delete one of those successfully.

Be warned that Apple has a bug here. When I deleted an entry from that list, all of my configured email accounts lost their implicitly assigned SMTP servers. So, they all had to be reassigned. It wasn't a big deal even with the 9 email accounts I have.

Reactions: NoBoMac

blackxacto

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Middle TN
Is the server you're trying to remove in Edit SMTP Server List being used by an account by any chance?
It finally dawned on me what you are saying. So I deleted all accounts then deleted items from the SMTP list. Added back the accounts. Thank you.

Reactions: 0128672
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.