Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blasto2236

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 4, 2012
Is this just on by default? I decluttered my desktop some time ago, so it'll be a bit before I can see it in effect, but I was wondering if there's a toggle in System Prefs I'm missing somewhere, or if "it just works"? I can't imagine they would prevent people from being able to turn this off if they truly want their messy desktops back.

kaioshade

macrumors regular
Nov 24, 2010
It is simple. Just right click on the desktop, and there is an option to "Group Stacks By". That will enable the feature.

blasto2236

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 4, 2012
It is simple. Just right click on the desktop, and there is an option to "Group Stacks By". That will enable the feature.

Awesome, thanks a million! I took a couple screenshots and it worked right away. This is great! I keep my personal Mac pretty tidy but my work one gets out of control fast. This will be a godsend!

bmac89

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2014
Does this only work on the desktop or does it also work in the finder with folders such as documents or downloads?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.