Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacinMan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 27, 2011
Denham Springs, LA
Hey all, I recently re-installed Facebook on an iPhone 12 Pro Max running iOS 16.5.1. I've been able to give permissions for everything I want to allow access to, EXCEPT Calendar. I can't find anything in the facebook app to click on to make it ask. I even went into events and there is nothing there.

Does anyone know how I give the facebook app calendar permissions? Thanks

Everything I've found online is older, and not current regarding the subject.

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2012
You said you went into events, but did you try to add an event to your calendar? Have to tap 'Add to Calendar' on an event in order to initiate the permission prompt. Facebook doesn't attempt to access your calendar until then.

Is there any reason to do this proactively? I've always dealt with access permissions as they come up (when I do something for the first time), rather than hunting through the app to trigger everything beforehand. The app won't have access to things until it prompts you for permission.

Last edited:
Reactions: MacinMan

MacinMan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 27, 2011
Denham Springs, LA
You said you went into events, but did you try to add an event to your calendar? Have to tap 'Add to Calendar' on an event in order to initiate the permission prompt. Facebook doesn't attempt to access your calendar until then.

Is there any reason to do this proactively? I've always dealt with access permissions as they come up (when I do something for the first time), rather than hunting through the app to trigger everything beforehand. The app won't have access to things until it prompts you for permission.
You actually just answered my question. as far as doing it proactively, no reason other than just to have it done. Kind of set and forget (unless otherwise changes are required.) Also by nature a lot of apps I use just ask for necessary permissions on initial launch, so I'm just used to doing it. So will remember to add an event when needed to initiate calendar permissions.

Thanks again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.