Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

burritos

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 12, 2003
I recently upgraded from jaguar to panther. All my old iphoto photos are now in my user folder and can be viewed individually via an image viewer, but I can't drag them into my new panther I photo. What am I doing wrong?

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
burritos said:
I recently upgraded from jaguar to panther. All my old iphoto photos are now in my user folder and can be viewed individually via an image viewer, but I can't drag them into my new panther I photo. What am I doing wrong?
You should be able to drag the photos or even the folder containing the photos to iPhoto's dock icon and iPhoto will take care of the rest. I'm not at my Mac right now, so I can't verify this.

burritos

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 12, 2003
I tried dragging the icons, but it wouldn't work. Any other suggestions?

burritos

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 12, 2003
I'm using iphoto 2.0.1. I don't know which one I was using, whichever was in the jaguar version.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
burritos said:
I'm using iphoto 2.0.1. I don't know which one I was using, whichever was in the jaguar version.
I'm sorry, I never used versions of iPhoto earlier than 5, so I'm afraid I can't be of much help.

thequicksilver

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2004
Birmingham
burritos said:

OK, so you have your iPhoto 2 Library kicking around. Try the following:

• Go into the iPhoto Library.
• Find the file Library.iPhoto.
• Drag it onto the iPhoto dock icon.

It should then open up and ask you to convert it into an iPhoto 4 Library.

burritos

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 12, 2003
I tried dragging it to the icon, library and individual photos and the icon won't accept either. It's weird cause I can drag them to other icons like quicken in which the photos will open.

burritos

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 12, 2003
I got a link from a buddy which allowed me to fix it.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=93603

I deleted the iphoto folder on the hard drive in which the new panther was installed. Then I dragged the old iphoto folder from the old hard drive on to the new hard drive. I opened the iphoto which stated no iphoto folder was found, do I want to create a new one or search for an old one. I picked the dragged old iphoto folder and voila!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.