Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

P51

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 9, 2009
I have about 4,000 pics on my phone that I want to put on my computer. I tried just copying the DCIM folder to a folder on my computer, well it gets about 30% then comes up with the error "parameter is incorrect" and stops the transfer.

What can I do?

I can't upload the photos to something like dropbox because my internet is super slow (it would take days).

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Is your cable in good shape? It's obviously losing the connection.

I would try moving the photos in batches. Since it's getting to 30%, try doing about 500 at a time and see if the same message pops up.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
When you plug your phone into the computer you should get a message thingy that will take all your photos off it for you. It pops up for me right after I hit the trust computer but sometimes I do need I unplug and plug in a few times to get it.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
Don't copy the DCIM folder. There are sometimes items that cannot be copied. Copy the individual folders that contain the pictures. The non-copyable items are at the same level as the individual folders. It sounds like you are using file exploder like I do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.