Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Uuugggg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 9, 2004
Lordaeron
I code Java... Yes, terrible, I know, and I would try something else if anything easily worked. I've tried using developer software like CodeWarrior and XCode but it adds numerous files and doesn't run in the end anyway... I run my Java code oddly enough, I use Terminal and type out 'javac Code.java' and 'java Code' . Heh...

But now I'm starting a Graphics course that has given me a pre-built application in C++, so I figure that would be a good starting point to figure out how to use the software and C++ at the same time... But there is no 'project file' to open it up and it doesn't just run... so, how would I get this (documentation) running in XCode or CodeWarrior? CodeWarrior is meant to be used, but I figure XCode should handle it... I've only tried XCode, and either I make a blank project and it doesn't let me run, or I make a Cocoa app and there are extra files and plenty of errors...

MacNeXT

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2004
Links don't seem to work.

A couple of points:

- Java isn't terrible.

- It's a graphics app. How does the app display stuff? Are you sure it's Mac compatible?

- C(++) source packages often have a "makefile" file that, simply put, contains a script that automates the compilation. The "make" command (available from command line) finds the makefile in the current dir and starts the compilation.

Zion Grail

macrumors regular
Dec 24, 2002
Chicagoland
The only thing I really don't like about Java is using I/O. Otherwise I quite enjoy and prefer Java. (I just wish they'd make it easier to scan and output to files, as well as read in user input. In C++ it's almost trivial to do that.)

So, no, Java isn't horrible, or at least not all of us here think that. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.