Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iphone55661

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 13, 2014
Hello
until this day i use to hide applications by the known way of put it in the dock and press on the app id like to hide twice, but since i have updated my iPhone to 7.1 i can't it won't work anymore.
Did someone find out how to hide applications on this update already ?
Will be great full for any help :)

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Hello
until this day i use to hide applications by the known way of put it in the dock and press on the app id like to hide twice, but since i have updated my iPhone to 7.1 i can't it won't work anymore.
Did someone find out how to hide applications on this update already ?
Will be great full for any help :)

You have never been able to hide apps. The best way to make them less visible is to create a folder and name it something vague/harmless like 'recycle bin' etc. Then drop the apps you don't want people to easily see into this folder and keep it on a different screen of your homepage.

Or did you mean delete apps? To do this you press and hold any app until they all start to jiggle, then press the 'x' in the corner of the app you wish to delete. Then confirm, then press your home button to finish the operation.

iphone55661

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 13, 2014
No, there was a bug that could make the apps be fully gone from the home screen, i used this bug for a long time and it was very useful to me it just too bad that they fixed it .
is there any way to get it back to 7.0.6 ? Can i undo this update ??

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
No, there was a bug that could make the apps be fully gone from the home screen, i used this bug for a long time and it was very useful to me it just too bad that they fixed it .

I have an iPhone on 7.0.4 and don't know which bug you're talking about.

----------

You can still delete apps from the home screen, I detailed how in a previous post.

iphone55661

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 13, 2014
What you mean folder the app ? like just put it in a folder ?
I do that because i have no other choices but can't say that people won't see the apps i like to hide.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
What you mean folder the app ? like just put it in a folder ?
I do that because i have no other choices but can't say that people won't see the apps i like to hide.

People? Don't let other people use your device with personal info on it.

iphone55661

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 13, 2014
Yeh sure but thats not that i mean, don't wanna troll here but sometimes friends are taking your phone and i hate when they do that and see things they shouldn't see haha.
anyway isn't there just a way to fully hide the apps ?
and even if i put those apps in a folder they won't be "unseen"

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Yeh sure but thats not that i mean, don't wanna troll here but sometimes friends are taking your phone and i hate when they do that and see things they shouldn't see haha.
anyway isn't there just a way to fully hide the apps ?
and even if i put those apps in a folder they won't be "unseen"

Put a lock on your phone. Which apps are they? I bought a photo app with a lock on it.

iphone55661

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 13, 2014
How can i put a lock on it ?
You mean like a pass code or a finger scan ? if you do i already has them.
but can i put a lock on a specific app?
Id like to hide apps like Snapchat or BBM

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
How can i put a lock on it ?
You mean like a pass code or a finger scan ? if you do i already has them.
but can i put a lock on a specific app?
Id like to hide apps like Snapchat or BBM

You can't hide or lock specific apps.

Just stop giving your phone to your friends if you're concerned. Then, if they take it from you, they can't get in as you have a passcode/Touch ID set.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Some people have girlfriends/boyfriends who want to see their partner's phone and they aren't allowed a lock on it. In these instances it is basically best to change partner or avoid using any apps/chatting to people they wouldn't approve of.

iphone55661

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 13, 2014
Some people have girlfriends/boyfriends who want to see their partner's phone and they aren't allowed a lock on it. In these instances it is basically best to change partner or avoid using any apps/chatting to people they wouldn't approve of.

yeh you got me there :D

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
if your partner DOESN'T ALLOW you to do things, then you have a bigger problem than apps on your phone

Absolutely! They might have trust issues *or* their partner has previous form for cheating. Either way it's unhealthy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.