Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lia77

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Hi!
I just got the final cut studio 2 and wanted to install it on my macnotebook. 80GB). Since the program demands about 50 GB of space I tried to install the program on my external hard drive, but it does not work...

Does anyone have a suggestion? Is there no way to install final cut on an external drive? Can it be a proble of my external drive, or is it simply just not possible?

Also, are there any other ways to get around the problem? To just install parts of the program? I have just used imovie so far and am not an expert, but would like to progress in my film editing...

I would be very thankful for some advice!!!

Krystallia

johny5

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2007
UK
does it just not see the drive when you try to install? I installed FCP although its express onto my external FW800 drive ok.

lia77

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Really??

It can see teh drive but it has a red explamationmark on it and when i try to click on it, it says that it has te be installed on a running system...:-(

lia77

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Hm, i noticed you had a firewire hard drive...Mine is through USB, maybe that is the problem, or what do you think?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.