Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beerseagulls

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 18, 2021
how do I know if my iPhone 14 Pro Max has the Samsung display or the LG display?

Thanks! :)

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
When did you get your iphone? If it's before November, I'm sure it's 100% Samsung, I believe there was an article up on front page that Apple may start using LG for the pro and pro max from november and up. so if you got your phone recently, you may have Samsung or LG.

Also one way to tell if you have LG is this:

Seems like only the LG screen exibits this issue. Unless someone has a samsung screen and does the same? Other sites are pointing that it could be the driver issue and hopefully apple will bring a fix on that.

Syedmqali

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2019
I know I’m a little late to this post, but I think another way to spot an LG display is to look at the dynamic island at an angle with light hitting the Face ID cutout. You’ll see a red tint. I know this because I received a replacement 14 pro max from Apple and mine has this. The cutouts are slightly more visible than the Samsung variant as well.

cableguy84

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2015
Bit off topic but does anyone know which manufacturer supplied apple for the 13 pro max?

HabibRahman

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2023
I know I’m a little late to this post, but I think another way to spot an LG display is to look at the dynamic island at an angle with light hitting the Face ID cutout. You’ll see a red tint. I know this because I received a replacement 14 pro max from Apple and mine has this. The cutouts are slightly more visible than the Samsung variant as well.
You got your phone replaced because of the reddish tint at the notch area?

Syedmqali

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2019
No I got it replaced because of an issue with the mute switch. The replacement that I currently have has the reddish tint.

Reactions: War833
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.