Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GanChan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 21, 2005
I built a site in the new Google Sites. One page has links that I hope will send the general public directly to specific docs (manuscripts I'm offering for free reading/download). Right now the docs are hosted in my Google Drive, with the sharing set so anyone can supposedly get to them through the specific links. But every time I try these links outside of my own G Suite account, they just take me to the G Suite user/password login screen.

Is there any way I can make these links send people straight through to the document files or their master folders? Either on Google Drive or on some other host?
[doublepost=1541870644][/doublepost]I figured this out. For the benefit of anyone who's having a similar problem, I had originally made the links under the wrong setting sharing before selecting the correct sharing, which meant the links themselves lacked the "sharing" instruction.) I had to click "get shareable Link" and then re-copy each link .

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.