Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mojo1019

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 9, 2013
I was wondering how to mark my old treads as resolved so I wet to this support page, but it wasn't helpful and probably has been not updated in a while.

"Click the Gear icon at the top right of the first post" -> the gear has been replaced with an icon that shows three dots.
"Click on Edit Title." -> it doesn't exist anymore. Now the option in the menu are "Edit thread" and "Create poll".
"Change the drop-down in front of the thread title to Resolved." -> if I click "Edit thread" (Edit Title has been replaced) It doesn't show any "drop-down in front of the thread title". Image attached.

And if I try to edit the thread using the normal "Edit" button, there is't a "drop-down in front of the thread title" anyway. So, I think this page should be updated, and how could I mark my thread to show that the problem has been solved?

Thank you!

Attachments

• Edit thread.png
    Edit thread.png
    143.4 KB · Views: 270
Reactions: compwiz1202

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Thanks for pointing out that outdated support page. I'll pass that along to get it fixed. It looks like it never got updated when the forum moved to XenForo software.

You are in the right spot though, but the problem is there are no prefixes enabled for the Catalina forum, so nothing shows where that dropdown would normally be. My screenshot is from the Mojave forum. I'll pass this along also.

Screen Shot 2019-12-14 at 6.43.38 AM.png

Mojo1019

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 9, 2013
Thanks for pointing out that outdated support page. I'll pass that along to get it fixed. It looks like it never got updated when the forum moved to XenForo software.

You are in the right spot though, but the problem is there are no prefixes enabled for the Catalina forum, so nothing shows where that dropdown would normally be. My screenshot is from the Mojave forum. I'll pass this along also.

View attachment 882723
Oh nice! Thank you very much

p.s. in fact here I can mark this discussion as resolved! Thank you!

Reactions: Weaselboy

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
The Resolved prefix is now available in the Catalina forum, and we'll get the FAQ update as soon as we can. Thanks for pointing it out.

Reactions: SandboxGeneral

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
I take it you meant "while running Catalina", rather than "in the Catalina forum".

The only recent thread of yours with "Resolved" in the title is here:

It's in the Mac Basics forum, not the Catalina forum.

As a test, I gave it the Resolved prefix, and it appears to work. Can you recheck whether you can change the thread's prefix? If so, I'll leave the Resolved prefix and edit the title.

Since the problem may be a bug in the browser you were using, it may help us narrow the problem down if you posted the exact name and version, along with the exact OS version.

jparker402

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2016
Bellevue, NE
I take it you meant "while running Catalina", rather than "in the Catalina forum".

The only recent thread of yours with "Resolved" in the title is here:

It's in the Mac Basics forum, not the Catalina forum.

As a test, I gave it the Resolved prefix, and it appears to work. Can you recheck whether you can change the thread's prefix? If so, I'll leave the Resolved prefix and edit the title.

Since the problem may be a bug in the browser you were using, it may help us narrow the problem down if you posted the exact name and version, along with the exact OS version.
I was/am using Safari 13.1.1. And yes, the post was in the Basics forum. I mentioned Catalina because that is the OS I am running. Just tried editing my original post again and now it works!! However, last night when I posted, I would select the three dots and there was no option to edit the title. Today there is. And I promise I hadn't been drinking!! Thanks for the help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.