Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gravydog316

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 17, 2016
Canada
So, my iPad was just acting up... because i was using my iMac mouse & now i have a mouse pointer dot on my iPad... this has never appeared before... how the heck do i turn it off?!
Bluetooth on both devices is off,
tried turning wifi on both off,
Assistive Touch on iPad has never been on...
so now my iMac is stuttering, & my mouse is controlling both devices

???

Slartibart

macrumors 68030
Aug 19, 2020
go to Bluetooth->My Devices. Click on the blue circled “i” right to the list entry of your mouse. Click on “Forget this device”.

Reactions: Gravydog316

Gravydog316

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 17, 2016
Canada
go to Bluetooth->My Devices. Click on the blue circled “i” right to the list entry of your mouse. Click on “Forget this device”.
i don't have anything under Bluetooth on both my iMac & iPad, except my Bluetooth keyboard, but it's off & hooked up to my iMac via USB & a old USB mouse LOL ...how come i never had this happen before yesterday o_O ...& Bluetooth is always off on my iPad

Gravydog316

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 17, 2016
Canada
Are you using the betas? It sounds like maybe you're using the new Universal Control feature. If so, go into settings and turn it off.

Yes i am; iMac Display Sys Prefs says "Cannot load Preference Pane"

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2012
Yes i am; iMac Display Sys Prefs says "Cannot load Preference Pane"
I agree with BigBlur, this does sound like Universal Control. Strange that you cannot load the preferences pane though. Maybe it'll be fixed in the next beta for final release.

Reactions: Gravydog316

Gravydog316

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 17, 2016
Canada
I agree with BigBlur, this does sound like Universal Control. Strange that you cannot load the preferences pane though. Maybe it'll be fixed in the next beta for final release.
updated macos beta yesterday. Software Update in SysPrefs opened automatically after restarting, but still says "Cannot load Pref Pane"...buggy... & other panes i can & can't open randomly

Attachments

• FromClipboard.jpg
    FromClipboard.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 111
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.