Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chris4565

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2018
Just tested this myself. It works quite well for me. Either via the new direct cursor manipulation (just grab the cursor and move it (the magnifying glass has been removed so the finger occludes the word a bit edit: Once you move the cursor a bit up or down it moves above your finger)) or via my favorite old method: Just hold down the spacebar/3D touch anywhere on the keyboard and move the cursor via this trackpad mode.

Last edited:

Mike Boreham

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2006
UK
Just tested this myself. It works quite well for me. Either via the new direct cursor manipulation (just grab the cursor and move it (the magnifying glass has been removed so the finger occludes the word a bit)) or via my favorite old method: Just hold down the spacebar/3D touch anywhere on the keyboard and move the cursor via this trackpad mode.

Once you finger has grabbed the cursor you can slide it down so that the word is not hidden by your finger.

Reactions: chris4565

tehreflex

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2009
I'm not sure how it was changed on devices with 3D Touch but on my 11 Pro I tap and hold the space bar and then I can scroll the cursor around.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.