Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Whenever I reboot the Mac, the finder windows showing the Public, Downloads and Desktop folders popup automatically on the desktop. I have to manually close the three finder windows each time. I don't know what prompted this to start happening but, I would like to stop this from happening? Anyone know how to remedy this situation? This started before the GM build of El Capitan.

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
Look in System preferences, user, login items for something that may be causing this. Also check in Library/Launch Deamons and Launch Agents folders. Finally, make sure when that you don't have "reopen current windows" checked when you shutdown or re-start.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Look in System preferences, user, login items for something that may be causing this. Also check in Library/Launch Deamons and Launch Agents folders. Finally, make sure when that you don't have "reopen current windows" checked when you shutdown or re-start.
Thank you for the reply and help. The first option solved the problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.