Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jagooch

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 17, 2009
Denver, co
When I meet someone to make purchase from Craigslist, often the seller will give a vague location such as "near intersection of roads X and Y" and later give me the name of a nearby business(starbucks!) or other landmark to meet at.

In Apple Maps, I can find the intersect by entering "intersection(road X and road Y)" to find it. But that doesn't work in the Apple Calendar application( with Apple Maps as my default app).

The share sheet in Apple maps doesn't include Apple Calendar as a share destination . I tried dragging and dropping the pin from Apple Maps onto the Calendar appointment , which didn't work.

Is there a way to accomplish what I want to do? I guess I could switch to Google Maps....

This is on the latest release of Catalina.

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
The hack way is to go to the Maps' share sheet and copy link. Paste that into the URL field for the event.

But otherwise, yeah, the Calendar app is brain dead for this type of scenario. Used a couple of third-party apps that handle intersections better (eg. Calendar 366, Fantastical).

Reactions: jagooch
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.