Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr Skills

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 21, 2005
In the new mail.app, if you view a set of emails that are threaded by conversation, there is a link at the bottom of each one that says "see more from John Smith". Pressing this expands the email so you can see all the quoted material.

But how do I make the message get smaller again? There's no corresponding link to "see less".

Reactions: intagli

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
The only way that I can find so far is to click on another message unrelated to the conversation you expanded, then go back to the first one and the 'see more' option will be restored to 'hidden.'

Perhaps you can suggest to Apple via their Feedback page to add an option to hide that extra quotes again.

arebee

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2009
hi i know its super old, but i finally asked the web this question after ages of annoyance, but its quite simple to re-collapse, i found that simply using the 'expand' thread arrows next to the email in the list on the left column, i just unexpanded the arrows again and it collapses all emails again.

best of luck bye

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.