Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Prof.

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
I didn't see a .Mac topic so please forgive me if this is in the wrong section.

When I bought my MacBook, I purchased a .Mac account and got one free. I just got an email from Apple saying my account expires in sixty days. How do I renew my subscription using the code in the new .Mac box? I don't have a credit card so I must use the new code number.

Thanks for your help.:)

Prof.

MacDann

macrumors 6502a
You'll have a buy a new subscription - but don't pay the $99 for it!

I just bought mine for $59 from a company called royaldiscount.com - you can find it on Amazon for $69 if you're more comfortable with them.

All you need is the code, and nothing more. I kick myself because I spent the $99 for two years, only because I didn't realize the retail boxed versions were nothing but a code that could be used for a renewal as well.

DotMac is NOT worth $99, but I can justify it for $60. Just my $0.02.

MacDann

Prof.

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
Well I already have the new .Mac box. I got if for free when I bought my MacBook. The code hasn't been used yet and I just need to know where I need to enter the new code.

Prof.

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland

There will be a space to enter a code - put it in there and click on Continue.

Your balance for next year should then go to 0.00
Thank you!!! It worked and I am now set for another year.:cool:

::Lisa::

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2007
Nottingham, UK
You'll have a buy a new subscription - but don't pay the $99 for it!

I just bought mine for $59 from a company called royaldiscount.com - you can find it on Amazon for $69 if you're more comfortable with them.

All you need is the code, and nothing more. I kick myself because I spent the $99 for two years, only because I didn't realize the retail boxed versions were nothing but a code that could be used for a renewal as well.

DotMac is NOT worth $99, but I can justify it for $60. Just my $0.02.

MacDann
Do you know if they will send the code though email to international customers at all? I'm in the UK and that sounds like a really good price. Thanks in advance.

MacDann

macrumors 6502a
Do you know if they will send the code though email to international customers at all? I'm in the I'm and that sounds like a really good price. Thanks in advance.

No idea. An alternative might be to have it drop shipped to someone in the States as a "gift" with the understanding that they send you the code upon receipt.

I would do it if someone asked - it's not like it would be an inconvenience.

MacDann

Applespider

macrumors G4
Do you know if they will send the code though email to international customers at all? I'm in the I'm and that sounds like a really good price. Thanks in advance.

I bought mine 'Buy It Now' on Amazon for $70 from a company that will email codes through. Bought it at 10pm, paid for it by Paypal immediately, had the code by 11pm. Can dig out the seller's name if you want to but they had a lot of auctions on with loads and loads of feedback.

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2007
Nottingham, UK
No idea. An alternative might be to have it drop shipped to someone in the States as a "gift" with the understanding that they send you the code upon receipt.

I would do it if someone asked - it's not like it would be an inconvenience.

MacDann
I have a few friends in the US but I don't know them well enough to ask that really. I will see what Applespider below says and if I can get that one then great. If not, would you umm, accept the code for me? :eek: *feels like a cheeky school gal lol*

I bought mine 'Buy It Now' on Amazon for $70 from a company that will email codes through. Bought it at 10pm, paid for it by Paypal immediately, had the code by 11pm. Can dig out the seller's name if you want to but they had a lot of auctions on with loads and loads of feedback.
If you wouldn't mind that would be absolutely great. Thanks so much :D :)

Applespider

macrumors G4
Seller was mac-pro18005253888

There were a few others doing it around the same price but they specifically said they didn't mind international and had no shipping costs and I couldn't be bothered with the hassle of emailing all the others for the sake of $5

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2007
Nottingham, UK
Seller was mac-pro18005253888

There were a few others doing it around the same price but they specifically said they didn't mind international and had no shipping costs and I couldn't be bothered with the hassle of emailing all the others for the sake of $5
OK I feel stupid but I can't find them. I am on a page on Amazon where someone was doing it new for $49.95 so I emailed them asking if they would send the code through email as none of them say. How do you know whether they send the codes through email or not? All of them just state "In Stock. Expedited shipping available. International shipping available." blah blah. I'm looking here. Typically the one for almost $50 has gone now while I was waiting for a reply. Ugh ugh ugh!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.