Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

contacos

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
someone stole our App Name and Branding (the black one is a rip off). How can I report this for take down by Apple? Lawyer is already informed as well.

You would think there is a report button but I cant find anything?

1691140335929.png

Beards

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2014
Derbyshire UK
Seconded….. The Legal Route is the only answer. Everything of this nature has to go first and only through legal channels. If not error description and other negatives towards you can be constructed by their legal team. Keep it simple…. Legal teams only.

Reactions: zach-coleman

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
When I check my local Dutch (NL) App Store the name is different 'Yellowbrick Parkeren - Streeto' by Onrival LLC. They don't appear to have any other apps with that developer account in the Dutch App Store.

In the Netherlands we do btw have a parking service called 'Yellowbrick' by Yellowbrick bv but that has a different app and website. It seems they name it in each country different what is popular there or something.

The website of that Onrival LLC does refer to the US app called 'ParkNYC | Streeto'.

contacos

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
yes, they seem to have been doing keyword dumping. The App subtitle also mentions another competitor (Parkopedia) and the App Store description is full of different car park company names.

In the UK they went with

Apcoa Parking NCP | Streeto​

for the App name.

Looks like the App is available world wide and depending on the region, they used a different name for the app (based on some popular branding in that market). It is also available in Spain under a different name for example (not related to our brand).

How Apple approved this, no idea!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.