Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

revmacian

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 20, 2018
USA
I open a new Finder window and choose the Pictures item in the sidebar. This shows one icon labeled Photos Library.photoslibrary. Double-clicking on this icon opens the Photos app. I would like to see all of my pictures in Finder and I thought choosing the Pictures sidebar item would show this but it only shows one icon. How do I get this to show all pictures instead of one icon?

Dave Braine

macrumors 68040
Mar 19, 2008
Warrington, UK
Why do you want to see them in Finder instead of using Photos? If you really, really want to see them in Finder then Right/Ctrl click on the Photos Library file and choose "Show Package Contents" In the Finder window, all your pictures should be in the Masters Folder.

However, messing about with the contents of the Photo Library package can corrupt said File and subsequently cause you major problems with Photos. The best advice is to leave it alone.

revmacian

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 20, 2018
USA
Why do you want to see them in Finder instead of using Photos? If you really, really want to see them in Finder then Right/Ctrl click on the Photos Library file and choose "Show Package Contents" In the Finder window, all your pictures should be in the Masters Folder.

However, messing about with the contents of the Photo Library package can corrupt said File and subsequently cause you major problems with Photos. The best advice is to leave it alone.
Ah, I had no idea it could corrupt things.. thank you for the advice. I'll leave things be and make a habit of using the Photos app.

I’ve seen photos displayed as individual files on Macs in stores and I liked the displays.. thought it would be good for my Mac as well.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.