Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jagooch

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 17, 2009
Denver, co
I ran into a problem today on my Macbook where when I go to System Preferences->Users and Groups , then select my user account and then click “Contacts Card->Open” it opens a 3rd party contacts manager application called “Contacts+”.

What I want it to do is open the built-in Apple Contacts application. I have searched the web, searched System Preferences , and also Contacts Preferences and Internet account settings, but haven’t found an answer.

I occasionally use Contacts+, but I don’t want it to be the default application. The default application will probably switch to Apple Contacts is I delete the 3rd party application , but I’d rather keep it for when I need it.

Ideas? Suggestions?

Darth.Titan

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2007
Austin, TX
  1. In Contacts, drag a contact to the Desktop to create a vcf file.
  2. Select the vcf file in the Finder and choose Get Info from the File Menu or type Command-I.
  3. In the window that appears, select Contacts from the "Open with" popup menu, then click the "Change All" button.

Reactions: jagooch and chscag

jagooch

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 17, 2009
Denver, co
  1. In Contacts, drag a contact to the Desktop to create a vcf file.
  2. Select the vcf file in the Finder and choose Get Info from the File Menu or type Command-I.
  3. In the window that appears, select Contacts from the "Open with" popup menu, then click the "Change All" button.
Thanks. I’ll try that!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.