Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ISKOTB

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 6, 2011
Florida
I could do this on T-Mobile but I just switched to ATT. I go to Cellular Plans> Voice & Data and tap LTE the iPhone still display 5Ge?
Thank You

jetsam

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2015
I could do this on T-Mobile but I just switched to ATT. I go to Cellular Plans> Voice & Data and tap LTE the iPhone still display 5Ge?
Thank You
5Ge *is* LTE. It's AT&T's marketing geeks at work.

Here is the explanation of why AT&T has chosen to use the misleading label "5Ge":

ajay96

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2013
New York, NY
so under cellular, if I select 5G auto or LTE it's the same thing on ATT?
Thank You
5ge is LTE on AT&T's network.

5G Auto would most likely connect you to low band 5G, unless you live in one of the 8 places where they currently have 5G+ deployed, but you'd see the separate icon for that.

I leave my phone on 5Ge for the time being since they have the most spectrum allocated to their LTE network and it usually gives me faster speeds than 5G.

Reactions: ISKOTB

ISKOTB

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 6, 2011
Florida
5ge is LTE on AT&T's network.

5G Auto would most likely connect you to low band 5G, unless you live in one of the 8 places where they currently have 5G+ deployed, but you'd see the separate icon for that.

I leave my phone on 5Ge for the time being since they have the most spectrum allocated to their LTE network and it usually gives me faster speeds than 5G.
You meant you leave your iphone on LTE not "5G auto or 5G on" the last choice under cellular newrork right?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.