Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VirtuallyInsane

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
Hey. Recently I got an iPhone X and it shipped with 12.1.2. Coming from an iOS 11 device, the screen on usage time is very different. From what I can tell, it’s meant to reset itself everyday? So today at 8am, it said my screen on usage time was 6 hours. Then I charged up my device and it went down to 5 hours then 4 and at the moment, I am getting a usage time of under 4 hours but I haven’t been using it that long since the last charge? Is this a glitch or something? Help me to understand it.
6071989d0b977ca8db6cc9cef29431c7.jpg

I thought your iPhone was meant to reset the screen on time after each full charge? This hasn’t seem to do that... I am confused.

VirtuallyInsane

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
No, does not reset after a full charge, keeps reporting last 24 hours of usage statistics.

Ah, that makes sense. Is there an app or anything that can tell me the usage after a full charge? Like the old iOS 11. Or is this the new default? If you get what I mean...

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
It's the new default.

Otherwise, need to tap appropriate bars and do the math one's self.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.