Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kardashian

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 4, 2005
Britain.
Hey Guys,

I've just sold my iPhone on eBay and I want to restore everything to factory - basically, re-virginize it to erase my data and essentially re-lock it after using ZiPhone.

I then need to unlock it again, and only have access to a Windows PC so could someone please offer advise on how/what to use?

Thanks muchly guys :)

jeffmc

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2007
Hey Guys,

I've just sold my iPhone on eBay and I want to restore everything to factory - basically, re-virginize it to erase my data and essentially re-lock it after using ZiPhone.

I then need to unlock it again, and only have access to a Windows PC so could someone please offer advise on how/what to use?

Thanks muchly guys :)

you no longer need to virginize with 1.1.4

restore in itunes, it will break your unlock, then re-unlock it

NiroshanMan

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2007
Use iLiberty+ or Pwnage your iPhone, though you can only do this sucessfully or easily on a Mac, but if you have a Mac available Pwning is the safest, however iLiberty+ is much more safer and stable than ZiPhone

Watashiwaandes

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2008
how about a 1.1.3 Ziphone JB'd iphone. Could you just go straight into itunes to virginize/restore it or would you have to boot in DFU mode or put it restore mode or anything like that?

lucab1982

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2003
London, England
I used Ziphone 3 last night on my 1.1.4 iphone. I did the whole procedure unlock/jailbreak from the advanced menu.

It worked. I then wanted to restore the whole thing so I used iTunes to reinstall 1.1.4 and clean it up.

I am still able to put other sim cards in the iPhone however iTunes doesn't like it when I connect it to the Macbook.

I really want it it to become a virgin again. I am not sure how to go about this as it seems to have done this:
ZiPhone does NOT change the iPhone internal IMEI.
It changes the baseband to THINK the imei is another one.
No changes are made inside the SECZONE.

Not quite sure how to get this back to normal...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.