Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Silly John Fatty

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 6, 2012
I asked Google to remove some personal results concerning me from their search results.

Sadly, somehow, the wikipedia page of someone with the same name got removed as well.

I already reported it. I'd like their page to continue being on top when my name is searched.

But nothing has changed so far. The Wikipedia page is still blocked (at least from my location. When you're in another country, it appears normally).

I know you can submit your site to be indexed by Googles crawlers, but the page regarding it says you need to be the owner to submit anything.

Anyone know what I could do?

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
I don’t see where you have any standing to ask Google to “improve” search results on a page that isn’t about you. Let it go; if the subject of the page wants their search results improved they can ask Google about it.

Silly John Fatty

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 6, 2012
I don’t see where you have any standing to ask Google to “improve” search results on a page that isn’t about you. Let it go; if the subject of the page wants their search results improved they can ask Google about it.

They're dead. But they're a public personality, so I feel sorry for getting their page accidentally removed because of me. That wasn't my intention. Now I'd like to get it displayed again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.