Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DMG35

Contributor
Original poster
May 27, 2021
I can look at the volume button in the bottom right corner but pushing it mutes it and turning the knob doesn’t do anything. The control center volume controls the sounds of the headset but not the media volume. Outside of asking Siri to change it what am I missing here?

ovrlrd

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2009
Start turning the digital crown, the popup shows two options, one for environments and one for volume. If you look at the volume option and turn the crown it will turn up and down the volume instead.

DMG35

Contributor
Original poster
May 27, 2021
Start turning the digital crown, the popup shows two options, one for environments and one for volume. If you look at the volume option and turn the crown it will turn up and down the volume instead.

That only changed the volume of sounds from the VP. It doesn’t change the volume of media playing.

ovrlrd

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2009
That only changed the volume of sounds from the VP. It doesn’t change the volume of media playing.

You can either change that in the app or do it by expanding the volume inside Control Center. There is a little arrow that if you click on it will drop down a list of audio sources you can adjust the volume on.

DMG35

Contributor
Original poster
May 27, 2021
You can either change that in the app or do it by expanding the volume inside Control Center. There is a little arrow that if you click on it will drop down a list of audio sources you can adjust the volume on.
Oh ok thank you. I will try that.

tengorazon

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2012
I can look at the volume button in the bottom right corner but pushing it mutes it and turning the knob doesn’t do anything. The control center volume controls the sounds of the headset but not the media volume. Outside of asking Siri to change it what am I missing here?
Look at it and then do the pinch and drag hand motion to drag it back and forth. Works for me.

DMG35

Contributor
Original poster
May 27, 2021
Look at it and then do the pinch and drag hand motion to drag it back and forth. Works for me.

That works when watching movies in Apple TV or in other streaming apps but not when watching a video say in the Photos app that you took. For that the person above correctly stated that you need to open control center to change that volume.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
when watching a movie look at the bottom the movie and pinch. It should bring up a slider where you can FF/RW and I believe the volume slider is there too.

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007

Not sure I follow. With AirPods I use the digital crown to change the volume of the music I'm listening to in Qobuz as well as the audio level of movies.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.