Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

martin2345uk

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
Essex
I find multitasking on iPad quite frustrating.

In this screenshot I have tapatalk full screen, with Safari as like an overlay on the right.

If I want to change safari to full screen view how do I do it??? I’ve tried dragging the little bar at the top but nothing seems to make it go full screen!

3d6ea489c748fa29839622f3255c83a3.jpg

Primo.TM

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2012
You need to drag it to the left or right side to enter split screen and then make it full screen using the handle in the middle.

Last edited:

Babmo

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2019
In Safari you can also long press the tab overview button, and then select „merge all tabs in one window“ or something like that. And if you drag the top handle to the top in the middle, it will become full screen. It’s kinda finicky to use.

Reactions: bmac89

bmac89

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2014
And if you drag the top handle to the top in the middle, it will become full screen. It’s kinda finicky to use.

Thanks for that tip. I did not know about this one and I tried various things in the past to see if you could make slide over go straight to full screen but ended up assuming my only option was to create a split screen and then resize to full screen.

This is so much easier.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Or, drag the little bar on safari, all the way to the top middle edge of your iPad until safari app goes full screen, and swap tapatalk later on.

iOS will tell you when safari goes full screen by displaying a large rectangle covering over 70% of your screen with safari icon at the Center.

Reactions: ventmore
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.