Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Agincourt

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 21, 2009
I've got a problem in that I've got older computers stuck at OS 10.8 and 10.10 with no means of connecting to the App Store or downloading the OS for installation. I have a modern 2019 MacBook which is the only computer able to download the files from the App Store... problem is that it rejects my attempts for download, not bothering to ask whether I'm downloading it on this computer. Whenever I do a google search for 10.13 or 10.14 it's ALWAYS updates, not actual installation software.

I recall seeing a full list of downloadable content in Apple Support but that only keeps directing me to old OS updates. Does anyone know that link? Anything 10.12 - 10.14 would work. Thanks.

Agincourt

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 21, 2009
I may have found a solution, but it shouldn't be this hard. I happened to have a mini (2018) which hadn't been updated and it still carries 10.13. So I should be able to download the installer without the App Store whining about the computer being incompatible and transfer it to older computers via USB drive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.