Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

martin2345uk

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
Essex
Hi,
So I read that, in the UK at least (not sure about other countries), you can indicate your intent to return to Apple within 14 days and then you get another 14 days to actually take the thing back to them?
How do you have to indicate that initial intent to return?

StudioMacs

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2022
So I read that, in the UK at least (not sure about other countries), you can indicate your intent to return to Apple within 14 days and then you get another 14 days to actually take the thing back to them?
Link?

I’ve never seen that info in the US.

martin2345uk

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
Essex
Hey what happened to the second reply post? It has vanished!
Well when I follow the link in the now deleted post it takes me to the items I have ordered but when I click on "return eligibility" for the phone I get this??

1696515609557.png

But it says I picked it up on 24th Sept which is under 14 days ago!

• Sad
Reactions: compwiz1202

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
Thanks for the link. That’s definitely different than the policy in the US which states “You have 14 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it.”
IF it's an online order you have 14 days to initiate the return online, you then have additional 14 days to actually ship your phone back to Apple. Apple will email you the label to your email to ship it out. So technically you can use your phone for 28 days before you can ship it back. But you have to initate the return on day 14..

Reactions: StudioMacs

StudioMacs

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2022
IF it's an online order you have 14 days to initiate the return online, you then have additional 14 days to actually ship your phone back to Apple. Apple will email you the label to your email to ship it out. So technically you can use your phone for 28 days before you can ship it back. But you have to initate the return on day 14..
Ok. That makes sense, although I suppose the 14 day return period would be enforced for in-store purchases. In my case I always order online, so that’s good to know.

MarkNewton2023

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2023
Hi,
How do you have to indicate that initial intent to return?
Per my understanding, the policy applies when we return an item via mail. The intent starts from the moment you initiate the return on your received order form on Apple Store or app, by clicking “Return Eligibility” then if eligible, select “Get Refund” or “Get Replacement”.

martin2345uk

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
Essex
According to that Return T&C's linked to, it seems all you need to do to indicate your intent to return is to send an email which is what I did, let's see if they actually accept that when it comes to it...!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.