Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

holysmokesbatman

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 13, 2019
Hey guys,

So I recently bought an OEM Rose Red sport band from someone and I just love the color, but the band is quite difficult to put on and take off. It almost feels like I have to force it in and yank it out. All my other bands go in and out with ease, so I’m not sure what I can do to make this band stop doing that. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

holysmokesbatman

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 13, 2019
Are you sure its genuine? I have never had a problem with any of my bands.. is it brand new?
Positive it is, and no, it is used. I actually had this same problem with a black sport band I bought from Apple last October. I had to drive down to the store to show them and they agreed that the band was demanding too much force to put in and take out and they replaced it right away. I of course, can’t do this with this band since it is discontinued. But given that this has happened to me before, and it was replaced, I’m not sure there’s much I can do about it.

TotalMacMove

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2013
USA
Is it hard to slide in on both sides of the watch or just one? Any visual deformities? Might be able to so a delicate DIY fix but i’m not sure..

holysmokesbatman

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 13, 2019
Is it hard to slide in on both sides of the watch or just one? Any visual deformities? Might be able to so a delicate DIY fix but i’m not sure..
The price of the band with the pin slides in fine on both ends of the watch. The piece with the preset holes if the one that barely slides in on both sides. I’m going to have to look into some DIYs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.