Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BSben

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2012
UK
Netflix and Amazon offer local content, Apple TV+ only offers US Series and Films, to me that isn't good enough. If I would live in the US that would be okay, but it makes Apple TV+ irrelevant to me.

Reactions: jbachandouris

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
I made it to episode 4 of 'See' and that was a month ago. Nothing compelling here.

I have Disney+ and I just 'have' to watch The Mandalorian every Friday when it comes out.

I realize there are other shows on there. If the navigation didn't suck so bad, I'd spend more time checking things out. At least the iPhone Remote App makes it bearable.

mazz0

macrumors 68040
Mar 23, 2011
Leeds, UK
I made it to episode 4 of 'See' and that was a month ago. Nothing compelling here.

I have Disney+ and I just 'have' to watch The Mandalorian every Friday when it comes out.

I realize there are other shows on there. If the navigation didn't suck so bad, I'd spend more time checking things out. At least the iPhone Remote App makes it bearable.

Huh. I think See is a lot better than The Mandalorian. The Mandalorian is like everything Star Wars these days: it’s fine, it’s enjoyable, but it’s forgettable cliched nothingness that relies heavily on the Star Wars veneer and nostalgia. See on the other hand has a unique and interesting world, characters with meaningful stories and exciting adventures and personal lives. I care much more what happens to neck slicey man and non-blind guys than I care what happens to dude in Mandalorian armour and Baby Yoda*.

Interesting question: If The Mandalorian were a new sci-fi franchise - would anybody even be talking about it?

*and I LOVE Baby Yoda! I will be most displeased if they don’t decide to keep him around as a permanent sidekick.

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
I haven't made time to give the offered content an extensive shakeout. I liked what I've seen of The Morning Show, and Dickinson as well. Trying to make time during holidays to see more of some of the rest... not sure that's going to work out. Probably have more time around March. By then I'll have forgotten where the series was at when I last watched a show and so will have to do more than pay attention to those usually annoying "previously on ..." intros to the next episode. :)

stillcrazyman

macrumors 603
Oct 10, 2014
Exile
I like Apple TV+ a great deal.
Even if I didn't get a free year for purchasing a new iPhone, I'd still pay the $5 a month.
I've gotten to like most of the programming. I'm looking forward to enjoying the new shows that will come out over the next year.

Reactions: matrix07
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.