Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bernie-Mac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 30, 2007
Sin City, NV
Hey does anyone know how you would like make an app that when you pressed it on the homescreen it would open up to a certain website?

oseary

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2007
Columbia, MO
Hey does anyone know how you would like make an app that when you pressed it on the homescreen it would open up to a certain website?

I know this isn't the answer you want, but it's the way I do it, until someone writes a script or something for it...:

Put that site as a bookmark in Safari, open Safari, navigate to that bookmark. :(

I do like the idea though... somewhat of a... springboard capable bookmark/shortcut.

Bernie-Mac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 30, 2007
Sin City, NV
Yeah not really but thanks anyway, i saw on modmyiphone.com this guy had a myspace icon and whenever he pressed it myspace popped up on the browser, i want to do that for games4iphone.net

ejrizo

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2007
Los Angeles
i know there is a site out there that will do it for you... hmm.. it makes an app for you that you download and ssh over to the phone but cant find it... i had tried it for one program but didnt really like having url links on my springboard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.