Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dodgie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2008
Hi,

I have an Apple One Family subscription shared with my wife and kids. We also have a house full of Amazon Echo devices, while they can recognise the Alexa profiles for who is talking to them they all use the same account for the Apple Music integration. I believe this is a limitation with Alexa and the Apple Music Skill where it only uses one set of credentials rather than allow me to set credentials per Alexa user. I much prefer Apple Music to Amazon Music or anything else so it makes sense for us to use Apple Music as our primary music provider with Alexa.

The issue is, since setting this up my personal algorithm for music has been completely trashed by whatever the family have listened to! It turns out they use the Echos to listen to music much more than I ever listen to music personally so my personal recommendations are normally terrible (for me!) and my end of year review bore no resemblance to any music I listen to or like.

This feels like it might be a common issue so wondering how you manage it?

There are four of us in the family, and I see that I can share my Family plan with up to 5 people so my initial thought is to create a shared "Household Music" account and change my Amazon Apple Music Skill to use those credentials but is there any other way?

TIA

Rich

BMox81

macrumors 65816
Apr 14, 2014
United Kingdom
I had this issue with Spotify and yes, had to create a new email account of which would then become the managing account that would then go on all the communal devices around the house and everyone else would have their own separate account.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.