Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fkkcloud

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 24, 2018
Hi,

How do I preorder macbook pro 2018?

What is the fastest way to get macbook pro 2018?!?

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
You can't pre-order something that hasn't been announced, Apple are a little more secretive in that regard. You need to wait until it's released. Typically when they announce a new MacBook Pro, they have orders starting from that day.

Based on the buyer's guide, it is likely to be updated in June: https://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#Retina_MacBook_Pro

This corresponds with WWDC, so it is feasible that you'll see new Macs then: http://wheniskeynote.com/

Basically: wait until it's announced (hopefully in WWDC) and then you can order it.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
How do I preorder macbook pro 2018?
By going to apple.com and selecting the MBP model and clicking on the buy button and place your [pre]order.

What is the fastest way to get macbook pro 2018?!?
By going to apple.com and selecting the MBP model and clicking on the buy button and place your [pre]order.

Since Apple has not even announced any updates, there is nothing to pre-order. You will need to wait until Apple provides the date and time of when you can place a pre-order. Since these are pre-orders, your only choice is to buy them through apple and not any other retailer.

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
Apple rarely does preorders on updated specs for Mac books. They will just swap out everything online or in store for the new model overnight and then you can order or buy one that day.

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
The question:
"How do I preorder macbook pro 2018?"

The answer:
You wait until they are introduced, and then buy one from Apple's site or an Apple Store.

.... that is all...

Reactions: jerryk and chabig

snortpig

macrumors regular
Feb 19, 2018

Since Apple has not even announced any updates, there is nothing to pre-order. You will need to wait until Apple provides the date and time of when you can place a pre-order. Since these are pre-orders, your only choice is to buy them through apple and not any other retailer.
This is how to order the macbook pro that was released in 2017. The one that people are calling "the 2018 macbook pro" has not been released yet, and cannot be preordered.

I assume the OP is looking to purchase the latter.

Ma2k5

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2012
London
This is how to order the macbook pro that was released in 2017. The one that people are calling "the 2018 macbook pro" has not been released yet, and cannot be preordered.

I assume the OP is looking to purchase the latter.

Whoosh :)

Reactions: maflynn

Ma2k5

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2012
London
I mean, what if he goes and buys the wrong laptop because he wrongly assumes a staff member wouldn't give sarcastic advice?

Are we going to pretend we will sympathise with OP if he did go and buy the wrong laptop based off that reply? More money than sense comes to mind.

Reactions: jerryk

jerryk

macrumors 604
Nov 3, 2011
SF Bay Area
If I were you, I would wait a few weeks and see what the early buyers say about the quality of the system. The keyboards on the 2016 and 2017 have had issues. Unfortunately these days you do not want to be a Day One buyer of a MacBook Pro.

Reactions: old-wiz
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.