Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacGiver

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 12, 2007
France
This may have been asked earlier.

I have Philips Hue lights all over my home and when I press my iPhone 14 PM right side button to wake Siri up and ask him to “turn off/on light…” He is answering “OK I turned off/on light blabla…”. While being very polite it is stressing me out! Especially late a night.
I know there is a setting to deactivate Siri responses when calling Siri from the right side button but I can’t find where it is. It did work in the past for me. I have tried to turn off several settings in the Siri settings but it did not work so far.

Anyone else? Any idea? Thanks.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
This may have been asked earlier.

I have Philips Hue lights all over my home and when I press my iPhone 14 PM right side button to wake Siri up and ask him to “turn off/on light…” He is answering “OK I turned off/on light blabla…”. While being very polite it is stressing me out! Especially late a night.
I know there is a setting to deactivate Siri responses when calling Siri from the right side button but I can’t find where it is. It did work in the past for me. I have tried to turn off several settings in the Siri settings but it did not work so far.

Anyone else? Any idea? Thanks.

Go to Settings>Siri & Search>Siri Responses>Automatic

Reading the description of that setting, it looks like it may not 100% stop audible responses but may cut them back. Not a great implementation in my book.

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
I could’ve sworn there used to be a setting that gave you granular control over Siri responses depending on if your device is on silent, while connected to headphones/CarPlay, always, etc but I can’t seem to find it. It might have been replaced in iOS 16 with what gwhizkids posted above.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
I could’ve sworn there used to be a setting that gave you granular control over Siri responses depending on if your device is on silent, while connected to headphones/CarPlay, always, etc but I can’t seem to find it. It might have been replaced in iOS 16 with what gwhizkids posted above.

I think you’re right about that. Was probably better the old way. I’d be interested in knowing under what circumstances it will speak. Emergencies?

Reactions: Itinj24

MacGiver

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 12, 2007
France
Go to Settings>Siri & Search>Siri Responses>Automatic

Reading the description of that setting, it looks like it may not 100% stop audible responses but may cut them back. Not a great implementation in my book.
Thanks but nope does not solve it.

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
I think you’re right about that. Was probably better the old way. I’d be interested in knowing under what circumstances it will speak. Emergencies?
Yeah, it’s pretty vague so not clue

However, Siri can’t even turn on a light bulb and we’re to trust her to distinguish between emergencies and non-emergencies? 😂

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.