Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Juiceboy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 10, 2011
I'm certainly learning to use Siri more now that i've got a S2 Watch.

I'm finding composing messages difficult. If i say "hey Siri" or hold the Digital Crown and say "Message Andrew and say I'm on my way to you" unless i say his full name or use the nickname, the watch will bring up every Andrew in all these different contact groups (Fb, Gmail, Outlook, Linked In and asks which one) when i've only got icloud only contacts set on and i have never messaged the other contacts nor know when i have ever emailed them or made any contact on any platform with them. So i've gotten into the habit into saying full names or nick names and pray that it understands my australian accent. But has anyone else experienced this? I don't have this issue on my phone. And as you can see i've only got one Andrew in my iCloud contacts when i search.

IMG_0809.PNG IMG_0810.PNG IMG_0807.PNG IMG_0808.PNG

What i'd really like to know is when i do go "hey Siri, Send a message to andrew keatley and say i'll be there soon" it shows you what has transcribed. It then comes up with a do not send. The only way i've figured out to send the actual message is say "hey Siri, Send" and then the message gets sent. Is there anyway to make a prompt show up to send the message without using voice commands again? i

I get there is a halt before sending a message to confirm it's saying the right thing to the right contact but to not have a quick "ok or yes" command but a discard one i find frustrating. Hopefully i'm missing something.

IMG_0806.PNG

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
Do a hard restarting the watch to see if Andrew problem goes away.

For sending message, the usual way is saying to the watch "Hey SIRI, tell... I'm on my way." Then lower your wrist. The message should be automatically sent.

tonoboon

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2015
Just lower your wrist, Siri will send it,
or if you need to send it immediately , cover the watch .

Reactions: matrix07

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
This baffled me for a long time. And lowering my wrist frequently did nothing. Putting my hand over the watch face has completely fixed that for me. Shouldn't be that way, but at least my messages go out!

locksmack

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2012
The idea is that you don't have to do anything for it to send, but it will delay the send by a moment in case you change your mind on sending it.

Once Siri brings up the "OK, I'll send this" screen, you don't have to do anything else.

Reactions: BarracksSi

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
The idea is that you don't have to do anything for it to send, but it will delay the send by a moment in case you change your mind on sending it.

Once Siri brings up the "OK, I'll send this" screen, you don't have to do anything else.

In theory, sure. That was not happening in many cases for me. The message would sit there and frequently just timed out, with the message never being sent at all. I wouldn't intervene at all; just nothing happened and before you knew it, you were back on the home screen. And a check of the Messages app revealed no trace of your dictated message. It was as if it had never been dictated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.