Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cfly

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 8, 2004
I have a xvid movie i want to burn onto a cd, but it is 705mb, and the disc is 700mb. I tried burning in toast 6 titanium and using the mac os burner options and it says not enough space. Is there any way to take a few seconds off the video to get the file size to 700mb?

thanks

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Import it into iMovie and edit it? Otherwise FCE/FCP would do the trick as well. No shrink utilities come to mind off the top of my head, not to shrink a divx file at least... I haven't tried this type of fuinction on my copy of Toast 7, but it does have divx support and Popcorn built in, that might be an option too...

Cfly

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 8, 2004
~Shard~ said:
Import it into iMovie and edit it? Otherwise FCE/FCP would do the trick as well. No shrink utilities come to mind off the top of my head, not to shrink a divx file at least... I haven't tried this type of fuinction on my copy of Toast 7, but it does have divx support and Popcorn built in, that might be an option too...

I get a disc space error when i try to import it into Imovie HD for some reason. I have over 10 gigs of free space. I dont have toast 7 or final cut either, anyone else have any ideas?

skimaxpower

Jan 13, 2006
re-encoding will work, but the quality will suffer.

Other options are:
- buy a 750mb CD (they're out there if you look.)
- zip the file with stuffit. Even if it only shaves off 1%, you'll be under 700mb.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.