Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Savage

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 12, 2008
I have an aluminum Razer Blade 15 that I accidentally rolled onto while sleeping and it bent the aluminum body without breaking anything else. Now it doesn’t sit flat on a table and wobbles when you type.

I have the Best Buy protection that covers accidental damage.

How do you think they could even “fix” this? Do you think it would be a replacement?

I’m just curious before I bring it to them.

Savage

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 12, 2008
First they'd search it for naked photos. Then they'd leave it on a shelf for a couple weeks and forget about. Then they'd remove the hard drive for no reason and lose it.
I was wondering about the nudes. I should reinstall Windows, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: vidjahgamz and D.T.

Mousse

macrumors 68040
Apr 7, 2008
Flea Bottom, King's Landing
First they'd search it for naked photos. Then they'd leave it on a shelf for a couple weeks and forget about. Then they'd remove the hard drive for no reason and lose it.
Is that you, Fred? You're not supposed to disclose trade secrets like that Fred.?

True story. 20+ years ago, when I fixed Macs for a living, someone brought in a machine with 1TB of nudie pics. It was a 9500 with 4 HD that they used as a web servers. Needless to say, it sat on my bench for a week while I "stress tested the new power supply" I had installed. Boy was I tempted to tell 'em one of the HD was bad and needed to be replaced.?

Anyhow, back on topic. I believe they'd replace the machine. It probably said on the repair contract that they are not responsible for lost data, yadda-yadda-yadda. Kiss your data good bye. They ain't gonna get you a new chassis and move everything into that. Too much work.

Savage

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 12, 2008
Is that you, Fred? You're not supposed to disclose trade secrets like that Fred.?

True story. 20+ years ago, when I fixed Macs for a living, someone brought in a machine with 1TB of nudie pics. It was a 9500 with 4 HD that they used as a web servers. Needless to say, it sat on my bench for a week while I "stress tested the new power supply" I had installed. Boy was I tempted to tell 'em one of the HD was bad and needed to be replaced.?

Anyhow, back on topic. I believe they'd replace the machine. It probably said on the repair contract that they are not responsible for lost data, yadda-yadda-yadda. Kiss your data good bye. They ain't gonna get you a new chassis and move everything into that. Too much work.
The replacement would be nice. I know if the model I have is no longer available, I would get store credit and could upgrade my Blade or get a MacBook. But, even though this laptop is from early 2018, it looks like they're still selling it.
[automerge]1593540090[/automerge]
Actually, now it still has the add to cart button, but it no longer has the green letters about shipping dates. It had those shipping dates listed a few days ago. Hmmm.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Speaking of vast amounts of adult digital content ...

That's one reason I put that sort of stuff on inexpensive external drives, if they crap out, I just scrap and replace. I'd __never__ send in equipment for repair with, *ahem*, "personal photos" :D

Reactions: compwiz1202
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.