Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vilasgn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 12, 2008
Now this is little annoying if it's true.

Looks like I have to delete my current version of the app from iPhone to get the newest available version otherwise the newest version does not install.

Now whenever I see any new updates to any of my existing apps on my iPhone I immediately try to install them. Almost always, when the update tries to install itself, the message something like this comes "....Update will be available when the iPhone is connected to itunes" with Retry and some other option.

Now when I try to update the Apps using itunes, I get some error message something like "The application could not be installed because an unknown error has occurred (0xE80000002E)."

Now if I delete the old version from my iPhone and try again the new installation works fine.

Now this is where I have problem. For example, my stock tracking app, if I delete it, I have again re-enter all my Watch list all over again. This is annoying. :mad:

Please let me know if I am missing something or this is how apps updates install.

warburg

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2008
Same here.

Also, I update apps via iTunes. No problems so far.

Have you been getting updates on apps through itunes lately? I haven't gotten an update on any app since Thursday, when the transition from "See All Apps" to browsing by categories began. This seems unusual.

moopf

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2008
United Kingdom
Not getting any updates through iTunes on my mac and the Updates page on the app store on my iPhone doesn't want to load up at all at the moment. Looks like something's borked :)

iSimon

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2008
Glasgow
Maybe try a restore? I can update apps just fine using either the phone itself or via iTunes. Only caveat on that is for apps over 10MB, which I get a message to try through iTunes or on a wi-fi connection (as I'm usually just on 3G).

likwidplastik

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2006
I had this EXACT same same problem. I did a restore last week, and that seemed to have resolved the problem.

Give it a try.

TreoRenegade

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2008
(iPhone 16g, 1st gen) I am able to upgrade thru both itunes and over the air. If it's a data intensive app, I always upgrade OTA. Otherwise, thru iTunes. No problem either way. Win Vista Ultimate.

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
Have you been getting updates on apps through itunes lately? I haven't gotten an update on any app since Thursday, when the transition from "See All Apps" to browsing by categories began. This seems unusual.
I just checked, and I have 3 updated apps that need to be DL'ed.

vilasgn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 12, 2008
What changes when you do a restore?

Thanks everybody. I found out that doing complete backup of your phone and then doing restore from this latest backup solved this problem.

I found this solution on Apple forum. Thanks everyone.

nickXedge

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2008
Long Island
I am also having the exact problem stated in the OP. After reading the rest of the posts I am about to restore my phone and see what happens. Wish me luck.

Edit: Just restored and updated a few apps, worked like a charm. Lets just hope it lasts. Thanks for tips guys I was going crazy for like 2 weeks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.