Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How do you use dark mode on iOS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

silvetti

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 24, 2011
Poland
I was least excited about Dark Mode. Now I find I have it on all the time. Who knew?

I think I might do that once more apps have the option in them as well, right now I go blind when I switch from an app that supports it to one with a full white/grey background :D So having that all day would annoy me.

sunapple

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2013
The Netherlands
When I first turned it on in macOS I thought it wouldn't last very long, but I find myself liking the darker colors in the system, as well as on the web and in apps. So now with iOS dark mode, I have everything set to the same look.

The schedule would be annoying I think, as it is quite a big shift to deal with (two times a day). I already didn't like that about Night Shift, although with True Tone turned on it's less noticeable.

i hate phones

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Philly Suburbs, PA
i was excited for it, but honestly it hurts my eyes reading white text on a black background. the white is too bright and glows. i wanted to use sunset to sunrise, but i changed it just so it'll be on dark mode while i'm sleeping. That way if i wake up and look at something, I at least won't get blinded by a white screen.

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
Like it on some stuff - not on others I think it makes maps unreadable on phone.
I keep trying but suspect I will just turn if off as I did on my MBP

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.