Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marty1980

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 22, 2011
Just curious where your focus is in regards to iPhone Storage. Music and Photos typically consume most of my storage space. Though I’ve cut down my downloaded music library significantly in the past year (not because of streaming, just changes in situations when I access my larger music collection).

I’m sitting at just over 81GB used. I do not use much iCloud storage. I use manual backups for Photos and Videos.

pWomyGZ_d.jpg

iPad Air

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2013
SC, USA
Check it out. I have 6000 photos and 500 video on here also, but the 1.47 GB for photos shown here represent the thumbnails of all those photos, and my 200GB iCloud Storage carries the full resolution versions of all those photos/videos...ofcourse, I have access to them all right here on the phone, they just have to load.

And I know, my Messages consumes a huge amount. I have a cousin that I text every day including pictures/videos etc...and we don’t delete the thread hahaha.
66ADF661-93D4-4A3C-B9AC-D1C833EDA964.png
This is my iPhone 6S Plus 64 GB. My XS Max 256 is on its way.

Reactions: marty1980

ZStech

Suspended
Feb 3, 2019
Just curious where your focus is in regards to iPhone Storage. Music and Photos typically consume most of my storage space. Though I’ve cut down my downloaded music library significantly in the past year (not because of streaming, just changes in situations when I access my larger music collection).

I’m sitting at just over 81GB used. I do not use much iCloud storage. I use manual backups for Photos and Videos.

pWomyGZ_d.jpg
All I have on my iPad is music. Around 20 Gigs. Oh, yes, and Mortal Kombat mobile :)

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
My phone is filled to the gills with hidden cache files, logs, recently deleted items and apps I never use.

Last edited:
Reactions: jeyf
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.