Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davidg4781

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 28, 2006
Alice, TX
I’m very tempted to purchase a new MacBook or MacBook Air. I think a Pro would be too much power for me to justify the cost.

I just purchased The Sims 4 for $10 on a deal and, while it runs decent on my 2011 mini, I can tell it’ll struggle when I start adding Sims and upping the quality.

How do these games run on current MB hardware? Years ago it was a big struggle, if it was even capable. But this is a few years old game and these should be pretty advanced Macs.

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
Hmm, I can't say anything about the newer Macs, but The Sims 4 runs perfectly on my 2013 MBP, so I can only imagine it'd be great on a newer MBP or even MBA.

Reactions: keysofanxiety

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Hmm, I can't say anything about the newer Macs, but The Sims 4 runs perfectly on my 2013 MBP, so I can only imagine it'd be great on a newer MBP or even MBA.

"Runs perfectly", you say. Yeah, I saw what you did. Runs away perfectly, you mean. I can't believe you abandoned your Sims family in a burning building so you could have a fling with some e-tart.

You didn't even leave me with a fire extinguisher on the game. Tommy was locked in his bedroom and was the first to go. We created him, Anger. We made something special. Was it worth it? Really?

That's the last time I listen to you when you say you're just popping out for cigarettes.

Reactions: AngerDanger
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.